I really do. The other day (Tuesday, I think it was) we had a snow day from work. A snow day from WORK!! In my entire 12 years in the public school system in Utah, I think I had one snow day ever. And now living in Wisconsin I get a snow day off work? Heaven, I tell you!
I got so much done, and it made me realize how much easier it would be if I didn't work outside the home (but we'd also be a lot poorer, so it's a tradeoff ;D). I got three loads of laundry done and put away, my bedroom was cleaned, my Christmas tree got put up, my living room floor was vacuumed (which, in hindsight, I should have done after I put up the tree, since now there are needles all over my floor again. Oh well), and my kitchen was cleaned. Oh, and I was able to work out for over an hour. I loved it! Ok, ok, I probably wouldn't want to be home full-time (until we have kids, that is--then I'm definitely being a stay-at-home mom) but if we could swing it, I would love to only work part-time. My home would be so much more orderly!
Tonight we're going to my friend Liz's house for a little holiday party. That should be a lot of fun; I don't get to see my friends as much now that I don't work with them, so I'm looking forward to it! Dan and I are bringing a mandarin orange and sugared almond salad (yum) and I spend last night baking (in between watching The Office and 30 Rock, that is) so I'm bringing cute little tins of frosted sugar cookies, toffee, and white chocolate and peppermint popcorn. I made that for the first time last night, and it is SO good!
Friday, December 12, 2008
I love living in Wisconsin
Posted by Amanda at 8:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment