BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Catching Up...

I swear I have been so bad about blogging recently! Let's see what's been going on...

I had to go down to Chicago for a business trip in early October, and that's always a good time. (It's not quite as fun now that I can't have my wine, but it was still a good time!) The night that I got back, Dan and I were laying in bed talking, and for the first time, I could feel the baby from the outside (as in, I had my hand on my stomach and could feel my stomach kick out a little). So that was the first time Dan was able to feel his baby kicking, which was kind of sweet.

The next day was his birthday, but we didn't really do anything the day of, since it was a Thursday (and The Office wedding was on!) I mean, I gave him his gifts and cards (I got him the Wii Active and a book) but we saved the going out part for Saturday, when I took him to Johnny Delmonico's. It's this place that is known for steak, but we were actually disappointed in the steak itself. Everything else was good; the sides, the bread, the beer (according to Dan, of course) but the entrees just weren't that good. I've had better steaks at Outback! It was still fun to go out, though, and the atmosphere of the restaurant was really nice.

In pregnancy news, I've been feeling the baby move more and more, but it's mainly at night, right before I go to bed. I love to feel it moving around in there, but at the same time, I'm crossing my fingers thinking, "I hope when you come out, you aren't all quiet during the day and then up and rowdy at night! Please, please get your schedule straight once you arrive in the world! Love, Mommy."

We also looked at Babies R' Us a lot the other night (yes, we now spend our Saturday nights going to Babies R' Us) and we found the perfect bassinet (click here) for the baby, since we want to keep it in our room for the first 3-4 months. The bassinet is so cute and actually fits our master bedroom's decor (well, as much as any bassinet can, but there's kind of a "French" pattern on there, which goes with our bedroom); it's not all cheesy and kid-like. So we'll probably buy that as the due date gets closer. I'm so excited, but I feel like time is going too slow. I want to enjoy my pregnancy so I'm trying to take it each day at a time, but at the same time, I'm thinking, "I just want to see my baby and hold it/name it/ know what it is!" So it seems like time will really drag until February/March. :)

1 comments:

Nancy Coates said...

The bassinet is adorable! You're right it does match your bedding!

Can't wait to see you this Friday!