BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Our week so far...

I've been having the best week with my little sweethearts. I always say this, but I am so, so, so blessed that I am able to stay home with them. Of course we have some frustrating moments sometimes (who doesn't?) but overall, I absolutely love my "job". I wake up happy every day, looking forward to new activities with my kids and memories made with them. I wouldn't trade these years home with them for the world; it's so rewarding.

On Tuesday we went to "Storytime with a Twist" at the library, where they do a puppet show along with the stories. Kate loved it! Her friend Mary (from music class) was there, and afterward the two girls had fun doing the crafts together and playing on the computer. We also got a *ton* of new books (I am so glad my daughter loves to read as much as I do!)

On Wednesday we headed to the gym for an early morning workout before going to storytime at Animart. Every week, they have a "pet of the week" that corresponds to the stories; this week, it was an adorable puppy. Kate was so excited; she loved petting and holding it. Afraid of animals, this one certainly is not! Afterward, we hung around in the store playing with the kittens and puppies, and looking at the birds and other animals. Then we had a few errands to run, but afterwards, we headed home for lunch and then a wonderful tea party with her dolls (complete with real tea). It's so amazing seeing my baby girl turn into a full-fledged "older kid" (as she puts it) who has ideas and thoughts and preferences. We had the best, funniest conversations during our tea party; she is such a riot. At bedtime, she told me that the tea party was the best part of her day, and she loved me so much and I'm the best mom ever. (Awwww.....)

Today Meghan and her kids came over, and Kate and Adelaide played so well together. It's so cute seeing their little imaginations take flight!

My smiling boy at the library on Tuesday:











At Animart's Storytime on Wednesday (Kate's in the purple shirt and green pants):





 Kind of blurry but still cute









Alden and Owen; Alden kind of looks like, "Hey, why isn't this guy able to play?"


0 comments: