BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hello!

All right everyone, I finally decided to get back into the blogging sphere, since we've had a lot going on! First of all, I had an AWESOME 26th birthday; Tracy and Dan had said they wanted to take us out, so we should just come over at 7-ish. So we did, and we just walk in (since we're on very casual terms) and there's my MOM!!! I was so excited that she flew in to surprise me! So we hung out that night and had a St. Patty's inspired dinner of corned beef, cabbage, etc.

On Friday I only had to work a half day, so we all met up at Ginza for lunch, which was delicious. Of course, it was kind of disturbing to see SNOW flying around outside since it was, technically, now spring, but what can ya do? After lunch, we went shopping for things to fill each other's easter baskets; I got Dan some magazines on VW Bugs and Home Entertainment systems (his two favorite things in the world). He got me some awesome historical fiction novels.

The rest of the weekend we just hung out; Saturday we went shopping again and then went to Pedros, since my mom loves that place. Easter Sunday we went to church, of course, and Dan and I were surprised that we actually enjoyed the service. We are not religious at all, but this church (a Methodist one) seemed to really emphasize doing good toward your fellow man, and how Easter should bring with it the hope that we have the power to help others. It was really quite interesting, and we liked it much better than "normal" church services.

Of course, when we got home, it was time to look for baskets, which was fun. Rori and Kirsti were SO excited, especially Rori, since she got a princess bike! She literally screamed when she found it; it was so cute! The adults had fun, too; my mom put together an AWESOME Easter basket for me, which was fun; it was like being a kid again! :)

Here are some pictures from our weekend:



Me, just reading about one of the books I got; big surprise! :)







Photobucket

PhotobucketMy mom and me both finding our baskets


Photobucket Dan and me at church; Rori resting after a hard day :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Dan finding his Easter basket in the princess bathroom, how appropriate! (Just kidding)

0 comments: