BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Back from my two-month hiatus!

Ok, wow, I did not mean to let two months go by without writing; oops! Anyway, this pregnancy is going well, thankfully. I was sick (and I mean, "I-can't-get-off-the-couch-someone-put-me-out-of-my-misery" sick) for a total of three weeks, and now I'm pretty much back to normal. Considering that some people are sick the whole nine months, I'm not complaining!

We first heard the heartbeat at our appointment when I was 12 weeks. It was weird, I couldn't distinguish it at first (although Dan could; the look in his eyes when he heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time was amazing), but then after it went away, it kind of clicked, like, "Oh, ok, that noise that I'm no longer hearing that I thought was static was the heartbeat."

We had another appointment when I was 16 weeks. This time the baby was very active; I could hear the heartbeat right away, and the baby was doing lots of flips and stuff to get away from the doppler. As you know, we're pretty non-invasive; we're not even getting an ultrasound unless there is some issue (bleeding, cramping, etc.) But when we were at this most recent appointment, we did get offered the quad screen test, which tests for our risk for Down Syndrome, anencelaphy, Trisomy 21 or 18, and spina bifida (I think those are all right). Since it's just a simple blood test, Dan and I figured, why not? So I had my blood taken (which I HATE) and then we got our tests back after Labor Day. Our test was thankfully negative, so while there are a few false negatives, it is very rare, meaning that we have a very small likelihood of having a child with any of these disorders. We're so relieved, even though that wasn't even really something we were thinking our baby had in the first place!

Our next appointment is on September 30, so a week from tomorrow. I'm 19 weeks tomorrow, by the way, which means I'm almost halfway there. I can't believe it.

I have been looking for crib bedding for this little imp (we're going to turn our guest room/office into a guest room/nursery/office--yes, it'll be a multi-purpose room!) and I think I've found my girl bedding. Click here if you'd like to see it; I love it and think it's very English cottage-esque, which is totally me! I haven't found my boy's bedding, though, even though I can totally see it in my head. Oh well, I guess I'll keep looking.

Very soon I will be posting pictures of various things we did throughout the summer, including the awesome shower my mom threw for me :)

0 comments: