BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Sorry I haven't been around lately...

But nothing much has really been happening! Just the normal pregnancy ups and downs :) I had terrible morning sickness for two weeks (weeks 6 and 7) and now I'm almost 9 weeks on Wednesday, and I seriously feel like I'm back to my old self! If that was all the nausea I had to endure, I'm going to consider myself lucky!

We've also had two appointments with our midwife, and she gave me some great strategies to help with the nausea (maybe that's why I feel so much better?) We haven't heard the heartbeat yet, but that's ok; she says it's more around 13 weeks or so. We were really impressed with the birth center (check it out here) where we plan to have the baby; it has a very low hospital transfer rate, and they're really committed to helping women realize their dream of natural childbirth, which is a goal of mine! I love how the birth rooms are very homey and welcoming; not at all like some sterile hospital rooms I've seen.

My parents are here visiting now, which is a lot of fun. Dan and I will head up to the lake this weekend (my dad and brother are already there, and my mom is going up on Tuesday), and then we're all going to the Dells at the end of July. That's one of our favorite summer traditions, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Other than that, Dan and I have just been enjoying the warm summer weather (the girls and I are getting a lot of use out of our pool!) and hanging out with family. It's been a fun summer so far!

3 comments:

Jenny/Moravia said...

I am still so excited for you. Best of luck for a healthy 9 mos.

Nancy Coates said...

I like the birthing center! I think the big tubs are a great idea. What kind of tips did the midwife give you for morning sickness?

Amanda said...

Thanks, Jenny!

Nancy, she said that I should eat first thing in the morning, before I even get up, so I've been leaving almondds by my bed and eating those first thing. She said to then just lay there for about 20 minutes, and that helps your blood sugar stabilize. I cannot believe how well this works! She had written me a prescription for Zofran, but I figured I'd try this first (since why take medicine if you don't have to, espeically when pregnant?) and I'm just amazed at the difference. I'm almost back to my old self!