BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Our weekend

We got quite a bit accomplished this weekend, which is always nice (although my living room is still a mess from getting the tree up--boxes and tree needles are everywhere!) We picked out our people for the Angel Tree; we got a nine-year-old girl and a 14-year-old girl, and we had SO much fun shopping for them. (Well, I did anyway; Dan just dutifully tagged along and only said, "Can we go now?" once or twice.) I like shopping for the older kids, because I feel like everyone wants to buy for the 2-5 year olds, so the older ones kind of get left out. So we've always tried to pick out older kids, and it's just as much fun shopping for them as it is for toddlers!

We were also able to pick out an eight-year-old boy, because on Friday I had mentioned to some co-workers that we were going to go shopping for our giving tree/angel tree (people call it different things) this weekend, and they both asked, "What's the giving tree?" I explained it to them, and they both said they would participate if it wasn't for the fact that they wouldn't have time to go shopping. I just said, "Hey, give me your money, and I'll go shopping for you!" I was surprised (but so happy!) that they said, "Sure!" So we picked out an eight-year-old boy who likes Legos, and Dan was having SUCH a good time finding just the right Legos for him. So that's how we spent our Saturday night...

Yesterday we went over to Tracy's house, since it was her birthday. That was a lot of fun, too; we just hung out and ordered pizza and chatted. Then we woke up this morning to a couple inches of snow; not much, but enough for me to get excited! I love the way our Christmas lights look with snow!

0 comments: