BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holiday Fun!

Kate & I have been having a great time getting into the holiday spirit the last couple of days. On Thursday, we went to our Tiny Tots dance class before heading to Olbrich Gardens with a playgroup we recently joined to see the holiday train show. We both loved it! Not only did she enjoy seeing the other kids, but she adored the multiple trains snaking their way through a jungle of poinsettias. Afterward, we spent time wandering through the humid conservatory; a very pleasant experience compared to the cold outside! Kate loved looking at all the plants, flowers, fish and birds. Oh, and climbing the stairs repeatedly was at the top of her list, too; not that I'm complaining! It must have tired her out, because we came home, had lunch, and then she took a three-hour nap, which enabled me to get a big chunk of work done. Win/win for us both!

Saturday night we made popcorn, watched Rudolph, and then tried to make gingerbread houses out of the kit we had. Unfortunately, the kit was a year old, so the gingerbread icing didn't stick very well; all but one of our houses crumpled. Oh well; we still had a great time making them!

And then today there was SNOW! Kate was so excited; we went to the park by our house and played there this morning, building snowmen, making snow angels, and just stomping around in the winter wonderland. Even though I could tell by her red cheeks and nose that she was cold, she didn't want to come back inside!


 Before heading to Olbrich

 I love her candy cane dress!



At the train show (the pics are smaller because I took them with my phone)





 Making our gingerbread house


 Oops! Oh well; Kate said this was her house to decorate. Fine by me!








 "Get my coat, please! I want to go outside!"









0 comments: