On Saturday, we went as a family to the Madison Children's Museum. It was so cool! I actually bought a membership for Kate & myself, since we'll be going a lot during the week, I'm sure, since I'm always looking for fun, educational things that we can do together.
She had a blast! She loved the blocks; we sat there and built structures, knocked them down, rinse, repeat. She also loved the water area (and, unlike at Olbrich, she was allowed to play in it this time!) There was also a mixed-media studio where they could do arts and crafts; I think we'll wait until she's at least two to do that. But when she's old enough, it will be so fun! We also went on the tour of the authentic log cabin that was common in Wisconsin throughout the 1800s. It was so interesting to see, but all I have to say is, people in the 1800s obviously had a lot less stuff than people do nowadays! I can't imagine living in an enclosure smaller than my garage!
The museum was kind of crowded, though, seeing as it was Saturday, but I'm sure that going during the week will be better.
Afterward, we went to Brickhouse BBQ; I thought it was so good when we went there with Meghan and Adelaide that I wanted to take Dan there, too.
She looks so adorable in her smock!
You mean I actually get to play with water this time?
Having so much fun building!
Putting the blocks away
Beautiful dress!
Peering down from the pirate ship's mast
Reading a book inside this cozy little "pod"
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Madison Children's Museum
Posted by Amanda at 10:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Adorable pictures! Looks like she is having lots of fun.
Post a Comment