BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Summer Fun

Kate & I have been having a lot of fun this summer! Last Friday (the 5th) we went to the zoo together; I know we go there a lot, but she loves the zoo! The lions were very active, as were the seals, and Kate enjoyed seeing those a lot.

On Wednesday the 10th, we met Meghan & Adelaide for lunch at this new place called Brickhouse BBQ. Afterward, we walked along the lakeshore path, because it was an absolutely gorgeous day. It brought back a lot of memories of my favorite year of college (sophomore) when I lived in Tripp Hall. That was a beautiful walk home every day after class!

Thursday, we met Dan for lunch at Sprecher's. Kate didn't want to eat her grilled cheese, because she'd rather have my sauerbraten. Yes, my 18-month-old eats sauberbraten. She certainly is an adventurous eater!

Friday, I took Kate to Olbrich Gardens and we had a great time looking at all the different gardens. She loves to go up to flowers and "smell" them; it's so cute. She did get rather mad, though, that I wouldn't let her climb in the fountains. Luckily at this age, she's still rather easy to distract.


Kate & Adelaide at their lunch date





Look at that hair!










She loves to help push the stroller






By the elephant outside the Thai garden


Giving the elephant a hug. She does this now whenever she seems animals in books; she hugs the page like she wants to hug the animal itself. It's so cute!

1 comments:

Patty said...

Very cute pictures!