BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 9, 2012

London: Day Six

On Wednesday, we ate a late breakfast/early lunch at this place called The Slug & Lettuce (that sounds very British, I think) before going to Westminster Abbey. It was pretty cool to see such a historic church, but holy cow, can we say expensive! I'm not sure if it would be worth to see more than once... but yet, it was neat to see. It was a lot of tombs of historical figures (so, if you're not into history and/or architecture, this is not the place to go!), and the audio guide that accompanied it was very interesting. And we couldn't take pictures in there, unfortunately, so this post is going to be quite low on pictures in comparison to some of the others!

After Westminster Abbey, we went to the science museum in the South Kensington area; Dan LOVED it! (I liked it, but not nearly as much as Dan did!) He was fascinated by this steam engine and spent probably 45 minutes looking at that exhibit. There was also this neat exhibit on space and space travel, and we both really enjoyed the "Who Am I" exhibit that dealt with genetics, heredity, etc. It was interesting; we took this quiz to see if our brains were more female or male; I definitely have a female brain, but Dan's was equally male and female. I thought that was interesting, because he is the type of guy to really excel at both the traditionally male things (engineering, cars, electronics, etc.) AND the traditionally female things (he's a fantastic, nurturing father, for instance, and he is an amazing cook, etc.) So that was kind of fun to see.

After the museum, we were famished, so we went to this great Indian restaurant suggested in my Rick Steves guide book. I have never really been a fan of Indian food before, but this was great! I tried this dish called butter chicken that Rick recommended, and it was amazing. The ethnic food in London really is good. I'm going to try it back home and see how it compares!





 Westminster Abbey does have some great architecture, that's for sure!

 Part of the steam engine that so fascinated Dan at the science museum


0 comments: