Do you ever have one of those days that just is a really, really perfect day? It might not even be that you do anything exciting or out of the ordinary, but it's just one of those days where you feel happy. We had one of those last Thursday. It was a beautiful day; sunny and warm, but not oppressively hot. We decided to meet Meghan and Adelaide downtown to walk along the lakeshore path and get ice cream at Babcock. So Kate and I drove downtown, and as we were driving to the Lake Street parking ramp, I pointed out various buildings.
- "That's where Daddy and I lived when we first moved in together, before you were born."
- "That's the dorm where Mama lived when she first came to college, and Daddy would come visit. So that was many years before you were born!"
- "That's where Daddy and I used to go see hockey games before you were born."
After meeting up with Meghan and Adelaide on State Street, we walked along the lakeshore path, which brought back so many amazing college memories (I always say that sophomore year was, hands down, my favorite year of college. Dan had moved up to Madison, which was awesome, I had a beautiful dorm right on the lake, I loved my classes, and I was starting to make friends. All of college was fun, but sophomore year was the best).
We then went to lunch at Babcock Hall, and of course the girls loved getting ice cream there! Afterward, we walked back along the lake and then sat and talked on Library Mall for a bit. We thought the girls were sleeping (well, Adelaide actually was; Kate was apparently just pretending!) so we thought we'd let them sleep for a bit. That didn't last long, though, and pretty soon they were up and playing together. They really get along so well, which is nice.
Then that night, we went to the family music night at Sun Prairie Music Academy, and Kate was thrilled that Daddy could come to "mik class" too, and Dan of course loved seeing Kate play the instruments, dance, etc. since he obviously isn't usually with us. Afterward we took advantage of the nice weather by sitting outside and eating dinner at the nearby Cannery Grill. All in all, it was one of those absolutely perfect summer days.
0 comments:
Post a Comment