BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day

We had a great Mother's Day celebration. Kate let us sleep in until 9:30 (I never thought 9:30 would be considered sleeping in!) and then Dan made me breakfast. Since it was pretty nice out, we went on a walk after breakfast, and that was a lot of fun. We then went to a late lunch/early dinner at Outback with Tracy, Dan, Kirsti and Rori. Now we're just hanging out at home, enjoying my first mother's day as a mom. :) I feel so very lucky to have a beautiful, amazing daughter and a wonderful, loving mother of my own; I am very blessed. :)




On her tummy...


We bought this thing called a "Sleepy Wrap" and Kate loves it! She always wants to be held, and this allows me to have her on me, but have my hands free to do things like housework, work, or blogging ;)


So cozy...


Right before we went on our walk; I was addressing Kate's birth announcements


The flowers Dan bought me for Mother's Day; so pretty!


My mom sent me this beautiful mini-rose bush as something to have to commemorate my first mother's day as a mom; we're going to plant this in our front garden, and then take it with us when we move to a house (hopefully in a couple years!)




Outside the Outback; we're squinting into the sun, which is why I look a little weird :) Kate is wearing the dress my mom got her for a baby gift, and that she wore to her baby shower.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great first Mother's Day. Baby will be crawling before you know it. Love, Mom