Kate & I had music class again today, and once again, she loved it! One of her favorite things to do was shake these "bell sticks" (little mini-drumsticks with jingle bells on the end); she had so much fun making noise, and she actually kept the beat remarkably well; even better than the 2-year-olds in the class! The teacher even said, "Wow, Kate is doing a great job keeping the beat!" She's so funny, my little music-lover.
She also liked the part where we played the tone bars (I talked about those last week; they're the big "xylophone"-looking keys with an A note on one and a D note on the other). I didn't even have to help her like I did last week; she just took the sticks from my hands and started tapping on the tone bars. She looked so proud of herself.
Afterward, we went to the nearby coffeeshop, and it was fun to hang out for a bit with the other moms. I felt kind of bad for Kate, as I could tell she really wanted to join the other kids in the play area, but she's still just a bit too young. Luckily, there were some toys that I could bring over to where the adults were sitting, so she just played there by my feet.
Then--and perhaps this is the highlight of my day! (ok, not really)--she napped for two hours. Yay! I got a lot of work AND housework done. (Although you couldn't tell by looking at my living room floor right now; Kate's taken all the toys out from her toybox. Silly girl!)
Here are some shots of her playing this afternoon.
So happy playing with her kitchen that she got from Nana & Grandpa for Christmas
Maybe becoming a baker is in her future?
Silly!
I love these Robeez shoes; she can't pull them off! They make her feet look so big though, since they're 12-18 months, but hey, as long as she leaves them on in this cold winter weather, fine by me!
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Our second music class
Posted by Amanda at 5:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Reminds me of one of those artists, Michealangelo maybe, when she's wearing that hat. Cute outfit, cute baby!
Love the chef hat!
thanks, Mom & Nancy :)
Post a Comment