BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 11, 2011

Baby & Me (again)

Kate & I had a great time at Baby & Me today. She absolutely loves the music and songs we sing, and she loves doing the read-along. Today, we were reading a book together about animals and the sounds they make, and she pointed at the panther and said, "Kitty!" Well, yes, that is a kitty, but not like the one that sleeps on our bed! And during the free playtime afterward, she really seemed to have a great time playing with the toys the library provided, and she's so nice with all the other kids. I mean, yeah, sometimes she'll try to take a toy someone else has (which is developmentally appropriate, from what I've read, although you still want to teach them it's not the right thing to do), but I'll say to her, "No, sweetie, that is Mary or Amelia or Ainsley's toy; why don't you play with this one instead?" and she happily obliges; no temper tantrum or anything. (Keeping my fingers crossed that continues as she gets older!) Then, we got home and she slept for almost two hours; I was in heaven! I was able to do some work AND housework; perfect!

After she woke up, we went to lunch with Tracy and Rori, and Kate always loves seeing them. Kate sits in high chairs now instead of her little infant carseat when we're in restaurants, and I can't believe that just a year ago, she wasn't even born yet, and now she's sitting in highchairs and feeding herself crackers and little pieces of fruit. Where does time go?

Here she is before Baby & Me in one of her new Valentine's outfits from Nana:


A close-up of the shirt; so pretty! And is she a baby Dan or what?




Plotting her escape...


Mama's little helper... although I must say, her help is more of a hindrance ;)

3 comments:

Patty said...

She really is a Baby Dan - we should get him a matching outfit, haha! I love her curly hair.

Amanda said...

Does Carter's have them in adult men's medium size? If so, pick one up and bring it when you come; then they can match. ;)

Patty said...

I wish they did!