Our Valentine's Day got off to a wonderful start. We were invited to a Valentine's Day party at the home of one of the girls Kate takes music class with, and since their house is in Deerfield, we stopped at my grandparents' first and brought them some pastries from Panera as a little V-Day treat. We hung out there for a little over an hour, which was fun.
Then we headed to the party. It was so cute; she had a bunch of Valentine's Day crafts and cookies to make/decorate (I of course had to help Kate!), and the kids seemed to have a great time. Kate always is so happy around other kids; I'm so glad I don't have to put her in daycare, but yet she still has lots of opportunities to play with other children.
Here are some shots from the party:
Before Dan left for work and we left for Deerfield this morning
A half-cry because I told her she couldn't play with something breakable
Playing kitchen with Meghan, the "hostess" of the party
Playing kitchen with 2.5 year old Taras.
They played together very nicely, except there was a slight altercation, because, as you may remember, Kate does not take too kindly to things being in the oven, and Taras was very insistent that this "cake" needed to bake. It was a tense couple of seconds, but luckily I was able to distract Kate quite easily.
All the kids with the Valentine's they made. From L-R: Kate (obviously!), Sarah (the music teacher's daughter), Taras, Meghan, Keanan and Klaire. The first four kids are in music class together; the last two are neighbors.
So hard to get a good picture with everyone looking at the camera!
Kate and her Valentine that "she" (i.e., I) made.
More interested in Valentine's than the camera...
Monday, February 14, 2011
Kate's first Valentine's Day
Posted by Amanda at 12:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Very, very sweet - what a cute Valentine baby!
Post a Comment